Back to Consulting!
Saying “it’s been a while since I wrote anything here” would be an understatement, but I’m back, with a lot to talk about in the upcoming months.
First off - if you’re not aware, I continued writing, but on The Last Pickle blog. There’s quite a few posts there, here are the most interesting ones:
- 14 Things To Do When Setting Up a New Cassandra Cluster
- Apache Cassandra Performance Tuning - Compression with Mixed Workloads
- Garbage Collection Tuning for Apache Cassandra
- Analyzing Cassandra Performance with Flame Graphs
- Cassandra Time Series Data Modeling For Massive Scale
Now the fun part - I’ve spent the last 3 years at Apple, then Netflix, neither of which gave me much time to continue my writing. As of this month, I’m officially no longer at Netflix and have started Rustyrazorblade Consulting!
If you’re using Cassandra, and are looking for help with any aspect, please reach out. I’ve spent the last ten years working with it and between my time at DataStax, The Last Pickle, Apple and Netflix, I have worked on some of the largest clusters in the world. I’m happy to help you get through any issues you’re having, as well as helping your team level up through training.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you!