I get annoyed when vim jumps to another file when using :make. To disable it, just add ! to the end, :make!
- I saw this today when trying to run a nosetest in MacVim: DistutilsPlatformError: $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET mismatch: now "10.4" but "10.7" during configure Add this to your .vimrc to fix this weird message. let $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = "10.7"
- I got really excited at the notion of having IPython built into MacVim (vim-ipython), so over the last few days I’ve spent some time mucking around trying to get this whole thing to work. Unfortunately there’s not a lot of documentation on how to fix the issues that might pop up, so hopefully this will help some people. (spoiler - MacVim download is 32 bit zeromq is 64) First, your prerequisites.
- I’m finding this useful as I work with snipmate and have defined custom snippets for solr config files. I still want to use the XML filetype, but I have no real use for the solr fields outside of editing the schema.xml file. set filetype=xml.solr Booya.
- I’ve hopped back on the VIM train recently, and I’m loving it. Command-T, NERDTree, buffer explorer and fixing my fonts in MacVIM ( set guifont=Inconsolata:h16 ) have all been essential to the move. That and the INSANELY helpful folks in #vim on freenode. I just read the VIM book cover to cover. Extremely useful. I recommend it. The latest thing I figured out I wanted was to make better use of ctags.
- I haven’t been using vim for very long, but I’ve gotten over the initial learning curve of getting used to the different editing modes. With some help from the guys in #vim on irc.freenode.net, I managed to get this gem: ` map :call SwitchDB() :function SwitchDB() : let g:current_db = input(“Database > “) :endfunction map :call Doquery() :function Doquery() : if !exists(“g:current_db”) : call SwitchDB() : endif : let query_string = input(g:current_db .